Each year Soybean Management Field Days is held at 4 different locations across Nebraska. This year, Fillmore County is fortunate to host one of these programs. On August 13, 2014 at the Stengel farm near Shickley, with registration at 9:00 a.m. and the program running from 9:30 – 2:30 p.m. this educational event will occur. One hour presentations will occur aimed at providing important research based data to soybean producers.
Specifically, topics will include:
- Herbicide applications, water quality and resistance management (demonstrations of herbicide drift with discussion on how to mitigate drift with new herbicide-resistant traits, how weed growth affects herbicide performance, etc.)
- Growth development and growth enhancement products (soybean growth and development, how yield is made and soybean responses to plant density and planting date)
- Multiple soybean input study that includes row spacing, fungicides, insecticides and nutrient management (soil fertility management for soybeans, seed treatment products, risks associated with application of “insurance” application of insecticides, etc.)
- Irrigation management for soybeans (scheduling based on soil moisture and crop water use, variety impact on water use efficiency and irrigation timing impact on yields)
- Grain marketing/ag policy/risk management (understanding the global soybean market, farm program decisions, fine tuning your marketing plan, etc.)
- Your soybean checkoff investment
- How to handle, store and use biodiesel in your farming operation
This program is sponsored by the Nebraska Soybean Board in partnership with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension. The Fillmore County program will be held at the Stengel farm northwest of Shickley (from Shickley, go west on hwy. 74 for 4 miles, go north on county road 2 for 2 miles; it is located just west of of intersection of county roads 2 & R).
If you are unable to attend August 13th, the program will be held near Auburn on August 12th, near Belgrade on August 14th and near Synder on August 15th. For more information go to ardc.unl.edu/soydays or call 1-800-852-BEAN. Hope to see you there!
1 thought on “Soybean Management Field Day”
Reblogged this on JenREESources's Extension Blog and commented:
Plan to attend the soybean management field day near Shickley this year! Great information for your operation!