Precision Ag Clinic
UNL Extension is hosting a precision ag clinic Aug.27 and a clinic on the physical, chemical, and biological properties of soil and water Aug. 28, both at the UNL’s Agricultural Research and Development Center near Mead. A Precision Ag Clinic will be held on August 27th at the ARDC near Mead aimed at providing a clearer understanding of how technologies such as unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), crop canopy sensors, soil mapping systems and spraying technology can be utilized and their value in crop production.
Topics will include:
- Evaluating Crop Stress with Aerial Sensing Platforms;
- Crop Canopy Sensors for In-Season Nitrogen Management;
- Soil Conductivity, pH, and Organic Matter Mapping;
- Overlap and Turn Compensation Control for Sprayers and Ammonia Application with Capstan’s PinPoint® Technology; and
- Improving Farm Productivity with Agricultural Technologies.
Certified Crop Adviser credits (6.5) have been applied for and are pending approval for this clinic. Check-in begins at 8 a.m. Training begins at 8:45 a.m.
Soil and Water Clinic Aug. 28
Improving and maintaining soil quality is essential to the productivity of land for current and future use. UNL Extension’s physical, chemical and biological properties of soil and water clinic on Aug. 28 will provide hands-on training. The in-field training is ideal for agribusiness professionals and those who work with soil and water management.
Topics will include:
- Physical, Chemical and Biological Properties of Soil and Water: The Cornerstone of the Human Race;
- Cover Crops for Improving the Soil;
- Infiltration Test and Organic Matter;
- Soil Health’s Impact on Soil Water;
- Using Laboratory Tests to Determine Soil Health;
- Soil Characteristics, Productivity and Landscape Position; and
- Management Considerations to Improve the Physical, Chemical and Biological Properties of Soil.
Certified Crop Adviser credits (7.5) have been applied for and are pending approval for this clinic. Check-in begins at 8 a.m. Training begins at 8:45 a.m.
Pre-registration is required for these clinics. All registrants will be sent a confirmation letter, receipt, and finalized schedule. Space is limited; your registration is not guaranteed unless payment is received.
Registration for a single day is $160 before Aug. 21 and $210 after that date. Registration fee for both days is $280 by Aug. 21 and $320 after that date. Fees include training, lunch, and reference materials.