Don’t forget to visit the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s IANR building at Husker Harvest Days! “Small Changes, Big Payback: Strengthening Nebraska’s Agricultural Economy” is the theme for the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources exhibits at the farm show Sept. 12-14 near Grand Island.
Exhibits inside IANR’s Husker Red building will provide information on:
- Strategies for managing family budgets during challenging economic times;
- The relationship between cost, nutritional value and impact of various feed sources for cow/calf operations;
- Understanding the county-by-county differences in the risk factors that affect crop insurance rates and how they impact profitability and management decisions;
- How farmers can better utilize the Farm Bill safety net;
- Benchmarking the costs of pumping irrigation water to better control input costs and make decisions related to pump efficiency and energy usage;
- Crop production strategies that can have a positive impact on cost per acre and profit margin;
- Using crop budgets to analyze the operating costs for a farm to become a low-cost producer;
- The university’s annual survey of agricultural land value and rental rates in Nebraska.