Challenges from COVID-19 have required changes be made to many programs everywhere. This year’s 20th Nebraska Grazing Conference (NGC) will be held as a virtual event instead of the traditional in-person event.
According to the website:
The online conference will be held from 11:30 AM to 5:00 PM on both Tuesday, August 11 and Wednesday, August 12. Organizers hope the online version of the conference will be a convenience to a broader audience who will be able to participate from their home or office. Opportunities for interaction among participants and to ask follow-up questions of speakers have been built in to the online event. Additionally, several watch parties have been organized around the state for groups of 25 or less to gather and participate in this virtual conference. This option may assist those who do not have stable Internet service in their area.
Watch party sites include:
- Northeast Research & Extension Center, 1010 E Centre, Hartington, NE. Host, Ben Beckman, Beef Systems Assistant Extension Educator, Nebraska Extension, (402) 254-6821 or email@example.com
- Zion Lutheran Church, 318 E 4th Street, Ainsworth, NE. Host, Hanna Greenwell, Beef Systems Extension Educator, Nebraska Extension, (402) 387-2213 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Panhandle Research & Extension Center, 4502 Avenue I, Scottsbluff, NE. Host, Mitchell Stephenson, Panhandle, Forage Management Specialist/Extension Specialist, Nebraska Extension, (308) 632-1230 or email@example.com
- Fillmore County Fairgrounds, 641 N 5th Street, Geneva, NE. Host, Sydney O’Daniel, Beef Systems Extension Educator, Nebraska Extension, (402) 746-3417 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buffalo County Extension, 1400 E 34th Street, Kearney, NE. Host, Brent Plugge, Extension Educator, Nebraska Extension, (308) 236-1235 or email@example.com