If you haven’t completed your private pesticide safety training yet, there is a zoom option approaching. Nebraska Extension will be offering five private pesticide applicator trainings via Zoom in March and April. Each one will have a different agricultural area of focus, including alfalfa, corn, soybean, pasture, and wheat. Several different steps must be met to attend these trainings.
Preregistration will be required. Registration can be completed at the following links:
- March 28 at 1:30 p.m.: Alfalfa https://go.unl.edu/patalfalfamarch28
- March 28 at 6:30 p.m.: Corn https://go.unl.edu/patcornmarch28
- March 29 at 9:30 a.m.: Soybean https://go.unl.edu/patsoybeanmarch29
- March 30 at 9:30 a.m.: Pasture https://go.unl.edu/patwheatmarch30
- March 30 at 2 p.m.: Wheat https://go.unl.edu/patalfalfamarch28
Several things to know about include:
- Training materials will need to be picked up at a county extension office PRIOR to training.
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture paper will need to be filled out and submitted when picking up training materials. The training fee of $50 will need to be paid when picking up training materials.
- Attend and participate in the training session where you have registered.
- A photo ID must be presented during the training session.
- A working web camera must be on for the duration of the training.
- No certification will be initiated unless all seven requirements are completed. Individuals are encouraged to contact their local extension office first to see if training materials are available.
Each training will offer individuals the opportunity to pick one of the special topics. Those offered are:
- March 28: Alfalfa: Cut, Bale, Scout Alfalfa Diseases
- March 28: Corn: Tar Spot, Corn Rootworm Management, Herbicide Selection with Cover Crop Seeding
- March 29: Soybean: Frogeye Leaf Spot and White Mold, Soybean Gall Midge, Dectes Stem Borer
- March 30: Pasture:Thistle ID and Management, Calibration of Small Sprayers, Tree Encroachment
- March 30: Wheat, Stripe and Leaf Rust, Herbicide Selection for Eastern Nebraska
For questions regarding the trainings, contact Jennifer Weisbrod, Nebraska Extension Pesticide Safety Education program coordinator, 402-472-1632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Source: UNL CropWatch)