Topics will include:
- Kate Brooks, Extension Livestock Economist at UNL will provide outlook and analysis for beef and other livestock producers.
- Cory Walters, Extension Crop Economist at UNL will discuss the crop outlook and implications for producers.
- Brad Lubben, Extension Policy Specialist at UNL will discuss the ag policy outlook. Beyond the current policy environment in Washington, Lubben will focus on the role of the farm income safety net and the projected support from farm programs and crop insurance for cash flow planning and risk management decision-making.
- Tina Barrett, Director of Nebraska Farm Business, Inc. will discuss the farm financial outlook and financial management decisions ahead for producers. Building on data from hundreds of farm cooperators in NFBI, Tina will focus on the current financial position and trends for Nebraska agriculture and the financial management challenges and decisions facing producers, with a focus on budgeting and cost control for the year ahead.
- Jay Parsons, Extension Economist at UNL will discuss farm and ranch risk management issues and decisions. Jay will draw on his expertise in risk management to incorporate the marketing, production, policy, and financial discussion into risk management decisions and strategies for producers for 2016.
The agenda is packaged into a 3-hour format to provide producers the best available information and send them home to ready to make 2016 management and marketing decisions. Although there is no cost to participants, pre-registration is encouraged to plan for facilities, refreshments, and materials. The York session will be held Tuesday, November 17, 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. at the Holthus Convention Center, 3130 Holen Avenue, York, NE 68467.
To register for the York session, call our office at (402) 759-3712 or email Brandy VanDeWalle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact Brad Lubben at 402-472-2235 or email@example.com for more information. It should be a great workshop, so I hope we’ll have a large turnout for this meeting.